So the other day while I was back in Atlanta taking care of some business, I had the pleasure of witnessing a woman who was truly one as far as I could see(You never know in Atlanta now-a-days) open the passenger door for a man then walk around and enter the vehicle as men are supposedly required to do. When I saw this I was perplexed, but at the same time proud to see this very physically attractive woman cater to her man in a show of “I’m not too proud to step out of the box and let you see that I too can cater to you!”
When I posted on Facebook: “Ladies: From what I witnessed in Atlanta this past weekend I need you all to start OPENING the car door for men! #sawitwithmyowntwoeyes”
I was bombarded with comments such as:
- We dont want 2 make ya feel like less of a man if we do!lol
- its kind of gender role swapping going on!! Weren’t you in Atlanta??? LOL
- B you were really touched by this!! Hell if that’s all it takes to impress a man we might need to switch it up!! LOLOL forget giving him some, just open the door!!! LOLOLOL
- Ummmm….I think this idea is great ONLY if he broke BOTH hands and sprained both wrists! OR maybe if he was a brain surgeon and was on his way to save a life. OR if perhaps I lost a BET and agreed to be his “slave” for a day! Otherwise…B…OY STOP! If I have to be the gentleman in the relationship then he is better off finding a FINE MAN to replace me! #ThereArePlentyOfThoseHereInTheA #JustWaitingForMeToF*kUpAnyway
- How are you even going to LET your woman open the door for you and be ok with it? I really hope dude ain’t bragging on that one cause I would question his manhood. And to any sista WILLING to do it like it is normal , he got you messed up Boo.
- Were his hands full from the shopping spree he just took her on? In that case, no worries…I got the door AND I’ll drive!
Gender role swapping, broke hands, questioning his manhood, etc?. Why would comments like this be made when it’s a nice gesture? As if somehow, it’s wrong for a woman to do something out of the ordinary for a guy. I think the issue is ladies are scared to step outside the box and be a little different. I bet this guy is living on cloud 9, and won’t hesitate to do any and everything for this lady. All you hear is women complaining about what they CAN’T find in a guy, how about do something to make a guy NOTICE you besides using your looks or money. This lady was driving a nice car, very attractive, dressed extremely well, but still here she is opening a door for a guy? He looked up and smiled at me as I was staring like WTH did I just see with my own 2 eyes. I throw him the deuces and yelled, “You got it playa”, he responds, “Man this is how she is ALL THE TIME!” The women who can keep a man now-a-days is a game changer, and those of you who can’t ADAPT to the change will be out of luck. Not BASHING, just food for thought!! Your comments are welcome….